Waiting for a Train

The song I picked was Waiting for a Tain. I like the way this song sounds. I like how it is a mix of country and blues. The brass instruments is what makes it feel a little like the blues I think it a pretty good story told through the lyrics. I feel like the story is very applicable for the day. It may be a little slow though. The guitar goes very well with the lyrics. I feel like the guitar is what makes it feel country, and same with the yodeling. I think my favorite [ae of the song is the yodeling. Just because its something that you don't really hear nowadays and it's kinda funny to hear. The reason I like this music is because of the country feel it has.  I feel like the target audience for this song are those that can relate to the story he tells.

Comments

  1. I can see how this song sounds both like blues and country...and the yodeling definitely makes it unique. I cannot think of how many songs I have heard that include yodeling. Probably zero. It is a cool sound, though. And I definitely agree that the lyrics tell a story, and I feel like that is the main focus of the song. The instruments kind of seem to take a back seat to the singing/lyrics. Overall, a good song, yodeling and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song is certainly a mix of the country and blues genres. In fact, before the guitar and vocals start, it sounds like this may even be a jazz number. The song certainly tells a story, which is consistent with its descent from early ballads. The yodeling is quite the lost art. I don't think the song would have quite the same snap without it. It almost feels like the yodels are the protagonist's (in the song) outcry of emotion due to his situation, being 1000 miles away from home with no money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yodeling in this song was awesome, I definitely agree with that! I like how you described that the song is a mixture of country and blues. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it definitely fits the traditional blues format mixed with country music. You can definitely tell this is an earlier country song and how today's country got it's influence. I agree with the yodeling part too, it is definitely a key part of the song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Week 10