Week 9

The song I chose to write about this week is, "Thank God I'm a Country Boy by John Denver." I enjoy listening to the songs by John Denver. I know a lot of people in his day didn't like the way he was taking country music but I like it. I find it interesting that part of the reason why he wrote this song was to show that he was a country singer and that he was proud of it. In the song, he talks about the simple way of life a country boy has, and talks about how much he enjoys it. There are also some funny lyrics to the song such as "And life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle, thank God I'm a country boy." He sings a little softer than a lot of the country singers in that day. H also really good with the guitar. I do see that the way he sings country music is different but still not sure why people didn't like the way he was taking it. The song makes me feel happy and helps me see the joys of being a country boy. I enjoyed listing to the song and the way John Dever took country music for a little while.

Comments

  1. I love John Denver's take on country as a genre! I know it's not true country, but I agree, I like what he does with the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that John Denver brought humor to the song. This song is such a fun song to dance to. It makes you want to get up and square dance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for a Train

Week 10