IGot Rythm

The song I choose this week was "I Got Rythm." You can tell that Ethel Merman is a belter, by how loud she sings. Sometimes I feel like it is a little too much though. I also not the biggest fan of how fast she say "who could ask for anything more." I feel like it is different from most of the music of that day that we have listened to in class.  I'm not sure how much I like how loud and quick it starts up. I feel like it could build up a little bit better, but it is a little catchy and sounds like some good music that people in the past would like to dance. I also don't really like how repetitive it is. I feel like the music and the lyrics interact with each other very well. They are both very upbeat and loud. well, I feel like the trumpets are very upbeat within the chorus. But during the verses, the piano is quite and goes really well with the lyrics. I feel like this song is a positive vibe to it and makes you feel a little better as you listen to it. I feel like it is a very well done song for its day and obviously made it very big. I enjoyed listing to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for a Train

Week 9

Week 10