Long tall Sally

This song I listened to this week is Long Tall Sally. I really like the rhythm of this song. It is very upbeat and very catchy. You can definitely see the black gospel music touch in this song. This song is starting to sound a little more modern but steel gots that old-time feel, with the jazz feel in it. I feel like his singing is more wild and different than most singers in that day. Especially his live performances are a lot more wild. Will the shouting style as he sings and the Whoops, and then when he plays the piano he is standing. This was all very surprising to see this and to see that this is how rock 'n roll started out. The song brings a lot of energy to the room. Even though my favorite genre is country and this sounds nothing like it, I still like the way it sounds and enjoy listening to this song. I feel like the target audience for this song is all ages except the grandparents of that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for a Train

Week 9

Week 10