The Song I chose to listen to was "Soldier Joy" by Gid Tanner and His Skillet Lickers. I kind of like the way it sounds. I know it this type of song is dance music, and can feel it a little bit as my head starts to nod as I listen to it. I feel like the music and the lyrics interact really well with each other. The music is very fast past and the crazy, random lyrics fit in real well, making it fun to listen to. That being said the lyrics are pretty surprising, by how random I feel they are. I feel like the reason why I kind of like this music is because my favorite kind of music is country music, and I feel like this is or gets pretty close to country music. With the twangy voice of the singers, and with the same kind of instruments usually used within country music. I really like the fiddle in this song, but I also feel like I start to get sick of hearing the fiddle towards the end. So, they could use a little less of the fiddle. I feel like the target audience for this song are those at a party or some get together where there is dancing involved, so that they could dance to this song. I find it interesting and I'm pretty sure that the first couple of sentences in the song are also in the song "The Devil went Down to Georga." I wonder how often artists use lyrics that are in other songs. I found the song surprisingly catchy and enjoyed listing to it a couple of times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for a Train

Week 9

Week 10