Week 6

The song I choose to talk about this week is "Hound Dog."It's interesting to me how he was able to make this song a lot more popular than Big Mama Thorton I like the instruments. I feel like if I was her I might be a little upset, but back then a lot of people were doing back then. I like the instruments used within the is song. The clapping is something that is different from most songs. But it does give it a little bit of that black culture to the song, which probably cem from Big Mama Thorton. I also like the electric guitar and the drums adds some great sound. I find the lyrics interesting and how its sung by Elvis(a guy) you can tell it was probably meant for a women to sing. I like the way Elvis sings it. It adds a lot of character to the song. The song is definitely upbeat and it does seem like a great song to dance to. The guitar solo was really good with the backup singers singing "whooo." IT was an all-around good song and I can see why it was a big hit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting for a Train

Week 9

Week 10